City Operations During the Pandemic
While subject to change, the City of Charlottesville does not anticipate returning City Hall to normal operating status before Tuesday, March 1, 2022.
Last Updated December 21, 2021
If you're visiting City offices in person
- Masks must be worn by members of the public while inside any City facility (as per this Executive Order and Public Safety Order).
- Please use all available online and telephonic options for conducting business at City Hall, including our payment drop boxes on both sides of City Hall and the drive through drop box located between the City Hall Annex and the Key Recreation Center.
City Office Status
- Treasurer and Commissioner of Revenue will continue to schedule in-person appointments at City Hall for in-person services related to taxes and fees and for DMV Select services (drivers’ licenses and ID services are not available at this location).
- Neighborhood Development Services has recently added a second drop-off day each week to receive plans and permit applications.
- Parks & Recreation has begun implementing a phased re-opening plan for some facilities and programs.
- Voter Registration & Elections Office is open for business.
- City Hall and other City operations will continue to phase in additional in-person services as health conditions allow
- While much of City Hall remains closed to the public and limited, essential employees are at the office, all key staff are teleworking and remain available during regular business hours, via telephone, email and other virtual platforms, to ensure business continues as smoothly as possible.
- Courts - How are the Courts impacted by Coronavirus?
- Engineering permits - How is the permit process for street, sidewalk and parking closures being addressed during the Coronavirus?
- Fire - How have Fire Department operations changed during Coronavirus?
- Neighborhood Development - How is NDS doing business during Coronavirus?
- Parks & Rec - What Parks facilities are open during Coronavirus?
- Police - How have Police Department operations changed during Coronavirus?
- Rent / Tax relief / CHAP - How is Commissioner of Revenue impacted by Coronavirus?
- Social Services - How do I contact DSS staff during Coronavirus?
- Taxes & Fees - How is the City supporting taxpayers impacted by Coronavirus?
- Transit - How is CAT public transit impacted by Coronavirus?
- Trash & Recycling - How has the trash & recycling programs changed during Coronavirus?
- Treasurer - Can I utilize DMV Select and Passport Services during Coronavirus?
- Utilities - How are City Utilities staff conducting business during Coronavirus?