Reserve a Seat for Planning Commission Meeting
Planning Commission will now accept up to 20 members of the public for in-person seating at CitySpace (100 5th Street NE, Charlottesville, VA 22902) during each regular Planning Commission meeting for the duration of the locally declared state of emergency. The 5:00 p.m. Planning Commission pre-meeting will be in-person and limited to Commission members only, with virtual access available for the public. The 5:30 p.m. Planning Commission Meeting will be in-person at CitySpace with up to 20 pre-registered members of the public along with limited staff. Seating will also be reserved for City Council to join the meeting at 6:00 for Public Hearings.
You may request a seat starting at 9:00 a.m. the Tuesday before the Planning Commission meeting through 9:00 a.m. the day of the Planning Commission meeting that you would like to attend. Seats are selected randomly if more than 20 registrations are received.
REQUEST A SEAT FOR PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING
To request a seat reservation at the next regularly scheduled Planning Commission meeting:
- Fill out the seat reservation request FORM below, OR
- Email Missy Creasy at CreasyM@charlottesville.gov, OR
- Call the Neighborhood Development Services Office at 434-970-3182
Process for Determining Attendee List
Registrations are documented in order of receipt. Should more than 20 people register, each request will be assigned a number. All numbers are submitted to an online random number sequencer that generates random numbers in the range of total sign-ups. (Example: 30 people sign up, and 30 random numbers are generated between 1 and 30.) The first 20 randomly generated numbers are given a reserved seat. Two of these seats will accommodate those needing accessible seating. NDS staff will notify registrants of their status.
- Registered attendees must enter CitySpace.
- A registration list will be checked.
- Guests of attendees will not be permitted entry; registered attendees only to sit in designated open seats.
- Entry is permitted from 5:15 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
- Masks must be worn the full time inside CitySpace.
- Other members of the public will be able to join Planning Commission meetings through the Zoom webinar associated with each meeting.