File a Compliment
Community members may choose one of the several options listed below to submit a compliment regarding a CPD employee.
- Visit the Board's online portal at Charlottesvilleva.siviltech.com
- Email the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org
- send a letter to: ATTN: Police COB P.O. Box 911 Charlottesville, VA 22902
- CALL: (434) 970-3794
- FAX: (434) 970-3890
In the portal, email, letter, phone call or fax please provide:
- Identifying information for the person filing the compliment.
- A statement describing the reasons for the compliment.
- The specific police behavior or action resulting in the compliment.
- A description of the incident.
- A list of the names, addresses and phone numbers of all witnesses to or persons with knowledge of the incident known.
- The names and badge numbers (if known) of the officers involved.
The Charlottesville Police Department is informed of all compliments, but your name will be kept anonymous if you do not wish for us to provide it. If you need help filing a complaint, please contact the Board.
Charlottesville Police Civilian Oversight Board