Employment with the City of Charlottesville
Looking for employment with the City of Charlottesville?
View all open job opportunities.
View open SCHOOL BUS job opportunities
- Benefitted School Bus Operator typical pay is $16.97 an hour, with eligibility for healthcare benefits equal to those of a 40-hour employee and a hiring bonus of $2,400 paid in 3 installments.
- Charlottesville Deputy City Manager Chief Operating Officer - Brochure 2021 (PDF) - Job announcement closed
- Charlottesville Director of Human Resources - Brochure 2021(PDF) - Job announcement closed
- Charlottesville Director of Parks and Recreation - Brochure 2021 (PDF) - Job announcement closed
- Charlottesville Director of Public Works - Brochure 2021 (PDF) - Application deadline October 1, 2021 5:00 PM EST
Already employed with the City of Charlottesville?
View all open internal job opportunities.
Interested in a particular job category or department?
Subscribe to categories listed on the ’Notify Me for Future Jobs’ form.
- Jobs close at 5 p.m. Eastern Time on the closing date posted and applications must be complete and submitted prior to that deadline.
- The City of Charlottesville requires pre-employment drug screening.
The City of Charlottesville supports workforce diversity and all qualified applicants receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran status or disability. Minority and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.
The City of Charlottesville is committed to providing a safe and productive work environment and therefore is a Drug Free Workplace employer.
We will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. Requests for reasonable accommodation by applicants may be made by submitting a written request to the Human Resources Director at the address below, prior to the job closing date or prior to the event for which an accommodation may be needed:
City of Charlottesville
Department of Human Resources
605 East Main Street
P.O. Box 911
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
You may also email Human Resources or contact us by phone at (434) 970-3490 to begin the Request for Reasonable Accommodation procedure.