FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 6, 2022
CAYIP Is a paid-in person internship experience for Charlottesville Youth and runs from June 21, 2022 to July 31, 2022.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA - The Charlottesville Community Attention Youth Internship Program (CAYIP) is seeking applications from Charlottesville Youth aged 14-21 who are interested in a paid summer internship.
The program runs from June 21, 2022 to July 31, 2022 and interns work up to twenty (20) hours per week for the six-week session. Applications for this program are due Friday, April 29 at 5pm.
- All interns will participate in CAYIP Academy to learn workplace readiness skills, communication and conflict management skills, banking and budgeting skills and much more!
- All participants will be assigned a CAYIP counselor who meets with the youth at least once per week.
- Youth are expected to work up to twenty hours a week for the six week session. This session, youth will have the opportunity to earn a performance-based stipend up to $10 per hour (not to exceed $1,200 per session).
- Youth will work with staff to complete a resume at the end of the session.
Application and Acceptance Process:
- The program is open to City of Charlottesville youth between the ages of 14-21.
- Youth will be able to apply now until Friday, April 29, 2022 at 5pm.
- Youth will need to complete a CAYIP Application which includes the Application Questionnaire, Agreement to Participate form, and the Parent/Guardian and Youth Expectation form.
- Youth and families are able to request a paper version of the form be mailed to them through the CAYIP Inquiries.
CAYIP Timeline: Summer Session 2022
- March 23, 2022 - April 29, 2022 5pm: Application submission window.
- April 18, 2022- May 18, 2022: Applicant interviews (These will take place through virtual platforms such a Zoom and WebEx. When necessary, accommodations will be made that are in compliance with health and safety guidelines).
- May 30, 2022 - June 3, 2022: Youth notified of acceptance
- June 21, 2022 - June 24, 2022: CAYIP Academy held in-person.
- The summer session will run from June 21, 2022- July 31, 2022.
- CAYIP Graduation will be July 29, 2022.
Additional information and the online application can be found here.
If you know of a business or organization that is interested in hosting a CAYIP intern this summer, please visit our website and fill out the prospective site partner form here.
Senior Family Services Specialist
City of Charlottesville Department of Human Services