FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 9, 2022
Rivanna Waste Authority September and October Refuse and Recycling Events
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA - The Rivanna Solid Waste Authority (RWSA) has a series of special collection days throughout September and October.
Electronic Waste Collection – September 17, 9 A.M.-3 P.M.
Rivanna Solid Waste Authority's Free disposal of electronic waste for residents of Albemarle County & City of Charlottesville only.
- No commercial participation.
- Only electronic waste will be accepted: computer systems and accessories, printers, copies, scanners, fax machines, VCRs, camcorders, stereos, and televisions.
- No more than two tube-style TVs or monitors per person.
- No more than 10 total items per person.
- Please sign up for a time window. You must bring your ticket at the time you drop off eWaste items on September 17th. Register here.
For questions, please call 434-977-2970 or visit our website: https://www.rivanna.org/ewaste/
Residential Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Days – September 23-24, 9 A.M.-2 P.M.
HHW collections are free only to residents of Albemarle County, the City of Charlottesville, the Town of Scottsville, and available to Nelson County residents who obtain a voucher from Nelson County government.
Each year, the RSWA holds a larger scale household hazardous waste collection day and accepts additional hazardous substances and ensures that they are properly categorized and directed to a permitted offsite hazardous substance management location. Materials accepted on these days include:
- Floor and furniture polish
- Fluorescent tubes
- Household cleaners
- Motor oil
- Paint and paint-related products & solvents
For questions or more information, please visit our website: https://www.rivanna.org/hhw/
Bulky Waste Amnesty Days
Amnesty Days are free and available only to residents of Albemarle County, the City of Charlottesville and the Town of Scottsville.
The next special collection will be held at the Ivy Material Utilization Center on the dates below from 8:30AM to 4:00PM:
- October 1 – Furniture and mattresses
- October 8 - Household appliances - refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, stoves, furnaces, water heaters, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, heat pumps, microwaves, and toasters only
- October 15 - Tires – No oversized tires
Normal tipping fees will be charged to residents for all non-amnesty items brought on these days. Also, please note the Ivy facility will accept all above items during normal operation. Contact RSWA (434-295-3306) regarding tipping fees for the above items.
Executive Assistant, Rivanna Authorities
434-977-2970 Ext. 101