FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 4, 2020
City Council to hold three work sessions in September to develop updated Strategic Plan
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA - Charlottesville City Council is updating the City’s Strategic Plan, which includes the vision, mission, and goals that drive the work of Council and the City Manager. City Council is now collecting public feedback on the next Strategic Plan which will be updated during September and October.
City Council establishes the strategic direction of the organization and aligns their decision and policymaking process with the Strategic Plan. The City Manager evaluates the performance of each department against their specific objectives, performance measures, and initiatives.
The FY 2018-2020 Strategic Plan is available for review on the City’s website www.charlottesville.gov/strategicplan. Council will use this plan as a starting point for its work. The public is encouraged to provide feedback on the existing vision, mission, and goals as well as to share new ideas for Council’s consideration.
Comments may be submitted at any time via email to StrategicPlan@charlottesville.gov. Public comments will also be received at five virtual meetings. Registration information for the virtual meetings is available at www.charlottesville.gov/zoom.
Strategic Plan Meeting Schedule
- Sept. 15, Work Session #1, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Public comment at beginning and end of meeting
- Sept. 21, Regular Council Meeting, 6:30 pm – Public comment opportunity
- Sept. 22, Work Session #2, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Public comment at beginning and end of meeting
- Sept. 29, Work Session #3, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Public comment at beginning and end of meeting
- Oct. 5, Regular Council Meeting, 6:30 p.m. – Public comment opportunity
Your input is critical to our success and we look forward to your feedback!
Director of Communications
City of Charlottesville