FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 4, 2021
Notice of Public Hearing related to the Comprehensive Plan update
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA - Charlottesville City Council will hold a Public Hearing and First Reading on Monday, November 15 at 6:30 p.m. related to the Comprehensive plan update.
- The City has been working in partnership with a consultant team on an effort to update Charlottesville’s Comprehensive Plan (including an Affordable Housing Plan, which was completed and endorsed by the Council in March 2021).
- This project, called Cville Plans Together, is an opportunity for the community to actively participate in updating the future vision for the city, with a focus on equity and affordability.
- Currently, the project is in the stage of finalizing updates to the Comprehensive Plan. Following the Comprehensive Plan update, the next step will be to complete a zoning ordinance rewrite.
- On October 12, 2021, the Charlottesville Planning Commission and City Council held a joint Public Hearing for the Comprehensive Plan. At that meeting, the Planning Commission voted unanimously to recommend that the Charlottesville City Council adopt the Comprehensive Plan with four amendments.
- You can find out more about the process at https://cvilleplanstogether.com/. You can view a list of responses to Frequently Asked Questions about the proposed Comprehensive Plan updates here.
November 15, 6:30 pm - City Council Public Hearing
- The Charlottesville City Council will hold a Public Hearing and First Reading for the Comprehensive Plan on Monday, November 15, 2021. The hearing will begin at 6:30 PM.
- Register here to attend.
- Materials will be available for viewing online no later than five days before the meeting on the City's Meeting Page or on the Cville Plans Together Website or can be obtained, upon request, from the Department of Neighborhood Development Services, 2nd Floor of City Hall, 610 East Main Street.
Other Scheduled Meetings
- City Council Second Reading (planned) - December 6
Questions related to this news release may be directed to James Freas (firstname.lastname@example.org). For media requests, please contact Brian Wheeler (email@example.com).
Director of Communications
City of Charlottesville