Parks & Recreation - We are currently only servicing customers online and via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or over the phone at (434) 970-3260, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
The City’s goal is to balance public safety with public health. The City is sensitive to the needs of the community and has implemented an educational and informational approach that supports the Governors’ Executive Orders. This includes informing the community that unnecessary person-to-person contact increases the risk of transmission and community spread. These measures are being taken to mitigate negative, public health outcomes associated with COVID-19.
Closures notices updated as of June 9, 2020
Charlottesville Parks & Recreation has updated its list of facility reopenings that were announced last week as Virginia moved into Phase 2. This list will continue to be updated as more facilities/amenities are reopened.
Facilities/Amenities Now Open
- All Tennis Courts – Open play only, no reservations.
- Parking Lots at McIntire Park, Pen Park, Tonsler Park and Washington Park
- Athletic Fields – Instructional reservations only, no competition.
- Sugar Hollow Reservoir
Facilities/Amenities In Process of Being Reopened (no later than June 15, unless noted)
- Charlottesville Skate Park – Opens Wednesday, June 10.
- Meadowcreek Golf Course – Opens Saturday, June 13. Tee times will be available for reservation starting on Friday, June 12.
- All Playgrounds on City or School property
- Picnic Shelters
Facilities/Amenities REMAINING CLOSED
As conditions change during Phase 2, the City will continue to explore the possibilities of re-opening additional park facilities and amenities that align with the required safety precautions. The following remain CLOSED:
- All Indoor Recreation Centers and Pools
- All Outdoor Basketball Courts (NOTE: This is due to the Governor’s limitations on recreational sports and the requirement of 10 feet of physical separation between participants)
- Park Restrooms
- Downtown Administration Office
- Swimming Pools
- Spray Grounds
- City Market To-Go will continue to operate in the pre-order and drive-thru model but the pick-up location has changed from Pen Park to Darden Towe Park.