Neighborhood & Development Services (NDS) and the Department of Public Works (DPW) are closed to the public during this unprecedented time, to minimize the spread of CoViD-19 within our community. Until further notice, the below process will be adopted for the acceptance and processing of permits and parking placards.
Permits should be submitted no later than 7 days prior to the start of a project. We have been somewhat lenient on this requirement in the past. At this time, we shall enforce this requirement so we can receive payment for the permits via mail and process the permit(s) and placard(s) to you electronically. It is imperative that you provide a legible email address on the permit, where you can receive the digital permit(s) and placard(s).
The city is working on implementing an online payment process for future submittals, but we do not have an expected date for completion. Until then:
- Submit the permit request(s) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
- City staff will confirm receipt and amount owed via email.
- If a payment is required, mail a check or money order, payable to CITY OF CHARLOTTESVILLE, to:
- City Hall – NDS – Front Desk
Attn: Traffic Engineering
605 E Main St
PO Box 911
Charlottesville, VA 22902
- Upon receipt of payment, we will email you a digital copy of the approved permit and completed parking placard. The parking placard(s) will need to be printed and posted by the customer. It is recommended that the customer insert the placard upside down in a protective sheet to increase weatherability.
Thank you for working with us during this time and we look forward to implementing lessons learned from this event and working with you in the future.