Don't Throw Away Your Shot... Audition for the Holiday Concert!
Producers for Grand Illumination are searching for diverse musical talent to participate in a special holiday concert that will be pre-recorded on the Paramount Theater stage for the Grand Illumination broadcast airing on NBC29/CW29 on Friday, December 4 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Acts will perform one song each
- Musical selections can be either holiday related or uplifting, positive, and inspirational (well-known or original)
- For safety reasons, there will be a dedicated house band to accompany individual artists (backtracks are welcome)
- All acts will be pre-recorded at the Paramount Theater on November 16 and 17 (must be available these days)
- This is an all-inclusive event and selections will be based on diversity of performances.
- Submission deadline is Friday, November 6, 2020.
To submit your act for consideration, please email a link to your online video or audio file along with a hi-res photo to firstname.lastname@example.org, or upload information to https://fileinbox.com/CvilleGrand2020 (1 Gb limit).
Will Your Tree Make the Cut?
All community landowners, homeowners, and businesses are encouraged to submit trees for consideration. Tree candidates are ideally about 30 feet tall, fully branched on all sides, accessible for removal by large equipment, and nearing the end of its life or needing to be removed for other reasons. Submission deadline is Friday, October 23, 2020.
Once a tree is selected, a City representative will contact the owner to coordinate cutting and delivery of the tree at no cost. When the tree is removed from the Mall in early January, it will be prepped for mulch and offered for free to the community. If you believe you have the perfect holiday tree candidate for Grand Illumination 2020, you can:
1) Upload photos and contact info to fileinbox.com/CvilleGrand2020, or
2) Email photos and contact info to email@example.com, or
3) Call or text Joe Rice at 434-409-8226