The Traffic Unit provides specialized support in the areas of traffic enforcement, traffic control, and accident investigation. The unit is comprised of 1 Sergeant, 3 Traffic Officers, and 5 Community Service Officers.
Responsibilities include the:
- Acting as a Liaison with City Traffic Engineers
- Conducting Follow-up Hit and Run Investigations
- Conducting Selective Enforcement Activities
- Developing Traffic Safety Programs
- Investigation of Fatal Traffic Accidents
- Maintaining Traffic Accident Statistics
- Parking Enforcement
- Providing Traffic Control for Special Events
- Resolving Citizen Complaints Concerning Traffic Problems
- Reviewing Accident Reports
- Traffic Direction
The Department has 5 Harley-Davidson motorcycles assigned to the Traffic Unit.