WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU FIND QUALIFIED EMPLOYEES FOR YOUR BUSINESS!
Post Job Openings
Do you have a vacancy within your company? We offer free online recruiting services for employers to post your job and internship opportunities.
Since 2008, the City of Charlottesville has hosted an annual job fair every spring for all industries in Central Virginia. The job fair, which is the largest of its kind in Central Virginia, hosted more than 150 recruiters from 70 plus organizations in 2014.
Can’t wait until spring? We can offer customized services throughout the year and help you:
- Coordinate and host job fairs and customized recruitment events
- Recruit qualified applicants and make candidate referrals
- Provide space for interviewing and hiring
- Post job opportunities in the Downtown Job Center and on our online jobs board
On-Site Recruitment & Interviewing
Employers can recruit on-site at the Downtown Job Center. Space is also available to conduct private interviews with applicants.
Wage Subsidy for New Hires & Training for Existing Employees
As businesses expand, there is a constant demand for qualified workforce. GO HIRE is a program assistance to City businesses that are growing and enhancing their workforce.
GO HIRE Offers a Wage Subsidy for Eligible New Hires
- Must pay self-sufficient wage
- New hire must be a City resident
- Up to 8 weeks of subsidized on-the-job-training
- Recruitment assistance through the Downtown Job Center
GO HIRE Offers Workforce Training for Existing Employees
- Training must target improving business efficiency and/or workforce credentialing
- Businesses must work with staff from the Office of Economic Development to create quarterly reporting metrics
- Training should benefit those in entry level, semi-skilled positions