Restaurant Revitalization Fund
The Restaurant Revitalization Fund is scheduled to open in early April. There are some advanced steps that businesses may need to do now to better prepare for the application process. Watch this video for more details. Check the Small Business Administration website for the most up-to-date information.
Shuttered Venue Operators Grant
The Shuttered Venue Operators Grant is scheduled to open in early April. There are some advanced steps that businesses may need to do now to better prepare for the application process. Watch this video for more details. Check the Small Business Administration website for the most up-to-date information.
Southern Opportunity And Resilience (SOAR) Fund
SOAR Fund provides flexible, affordable capital and free business support services to small businesses and nonprofits across the south and southeast to help them navigate and rebuild from the Covid-19 economic crisis. Get all the details at SOAR website.
Recovery Roadmap: A Plan for Business Recovery in Charlottesville
Meeting 3: Please join us to ensure your voice is heard as we craft practical solutions to help recover the Charlottesville economy.
You are invited to a Zoom Meeting.
When: Apr 1, 2021 4:00 PM
Register in advance for Meeting 3 -- Zoom meeting. After registering, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing information about joining the meeting.
Paycheck Protection Program Loan Is Back
The Small Business Administration is now accepting applications for Second Draw PPP Loans.
A borrower is generally eligible for a Second Draw PPP Loan if he or she:
- Previously received a First Draw PPP Loan and will or has used the full amount only for authorized uses
- Has no more than 300 employees; and
- Can demonstrate at least a 25% reduction in gross receipts between comparable quarters in 2019 and 2020
You can apply for from January 13th until March 31, 2021.
City Delivers $750,000 in Relief to Small Businesses
The City of Charlottesville Office of Economic Development (OED) is pleased to announce that 128 small businesses have received funds from the Small Business Relief Grant (SBRG) program. The full list can be found at the Small Business Relief Grant link.
Phase Three All Business Sectors
Governor Northam announced Phase Three guidelines for all Business Sectors. Read about the Governor’s Safer at Home: Phase Three for more information.
Project Rebound, a local economic recovery initiative for our area, recently released "A Blueprint for Economic Resiliency and Reinvention in Greater Charlottesville Region". The report, produced by KPMG LLP, maps out economic recovery action steps for the business community. The recommended actions are based on data from stakeholder meetings and follow-up interviews with more than 300 local participants. The project was led by the Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce with support from the City, County and University economic development efforts. Click to see the full Blueprint report.
SBA Disaster Assistance
The Small Business Administration (SBA) has reopened the Economic Injury Disaster Loan and EIDL Advance program portal to further meet the needs of small businesses impacted by COVID-19. See the SBA Disaster Assistance website for all the details and to apply.
Links to Assistance for Businesses During COVID-19
- Small Business Owners Guide to CARES Act (PDF) - Assistance for business owners with whatever needs they have right now.
- VA 30 Day Fund is rolling out Forgivable Loans for Virginia Small Businesses.
- US SBA COVID-19 business assistance. The Commonwealth of Virginia is now officially listed and classified as an "eligible" area. We encourage City of Charlottesville businesses interested in submitting an application for financing the SBA’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Disaster Assistance Program to begin completing the application. The number assigned to the State of Virginia for the emergency declaration is VA-00087. General guidance on the SBA Disaster Loan process (PDF)
- For information on unemployment and other business needs, visit the Virginia Employment Commission. The Governor has waived the on-week waiting period so that workers can start receiving benefits right away.
- Updates from Virginia Department of Health (including some info for business).
- Tory Burch Foundation has a useful list of resources (for both finding and advice) for small businesses.
- VA 30 Day Fund is rolling out Forgivable Loans for Virginia Small Businesses
- The VA Small Business Development Center (SBDC) has published new information on financial assistance for small businesses and how to apply for a Federal Disaster loan.
- SBA Disaster Assistance Loan. Facebook Social Network
- Charlottesville restaurants and stores currently "open" for business: CVILLESHOPS
For the most up-to-date information, be sure to follow us on social media or sign up for updates.
The Office of Economic Development is the catalyst for public and private initiatives that create employment opportunities and a vibrant and sustainable economy.
Charlottesville Voted the Best Place to Live in America, Best Place to Retire, Best Green City, Best Digital City, Best Place to Start a Small Business, the Healthiest City and the list continues!