Downtown Job Center
NEW! GO RIDE Program
The City of Charlottesville Downtown Job Center’s GO Ride On-Demand Transportation Program offers transportation to eligible individuals for job training and employment purposes, as well as transportation to and from child care providers for participants’ dependent children. On-demand services, provided through JAUNT, will begin in mid-January and cover the City of Charlottesville and Albemarle, Fluvanna, Louisa, Greene, and Nelson counties. Once enrolled in GO Ride, participants will schedule rides directly through JAUNT. Each participant will be eligible for up to $2,000 in assistance. Non-City residents who are eligible for on-demand services will be asked to enroll in Network2Work @ PVCC as part of their participation in the program.
- Applicants must reside in the City of Charlottesville or be homeless in the City of Charlottesville. (If applicants do not reside in the City of Charlottesville, they must be enrolled in Network2Work @ PVCC or enroll prior to being accepted into the GO Ride Transportation Program.)
- Applicants must be TANF eligible persons and/or individuals with a dependent child whose income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty level.
- TANF eligible persons for the purpose of this grant program include:
- TANF recipients who receive cash assistance who are in the Virginia Initiative for Education and Work (VIEW) Program, including those sanctioned;
- TANF recipients who receive cash assistance who are exempt from VIEW;
- Individuals receiving Diversionary Assistance under the TANF Program;
- VIEW participants whose cash assistance has ended and who are now in the transitional period, up to 12 months after the end of TANF cash assistance; or
- Individuals with a dependent child whose income is at or below 200% of the poverty level ($34,480 for a household of 2, $43,440 for a household of 3, $52,400 for a household of 4, $61,360 for a household of 5, etc.).
- Must complete the GO Ride On-Demand Transportation application in its entirety. Available online at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VTAGORideIntake
- Must be willing to provide required documentation to determine program eligibility.
- Must be willing to meet with a City of Charlottesville Downtown Job Center representative in order to review the application and determine eligibility in the program. Meetings can be done in-person or virtually.
- If accepted into the program, individuals may be required to participate in additional services to help stabilize their employment and/or transportation.
If you have questions or need assistance with this application, please contact the City of Charlottesville Downtown Job Center at email@example.com or 434-970-3933. We are more than happy to assist you!
The City of Charlottesville Downtown Job Center, located at 201 E Market Street in the Lower Level of the Jefferson Madison Regional Library, is your resource for employment services. Whether you’re a job seeker looking for assistance with job searches or resume writing, or an employer needing targeted recruitment strategies or access to workforce programs, the Downtown Job Center is the place for you! Our friendly staff will offer customized services to meet your specific needs.
Assistance is available, free of charge, to anyone who visits the Center. For more information, please contact us by e-mail or 434-970-3933.
The Downtown Job Center is open every weekday from 9 am to 5 pm. The Center is also closed occasionally for staff meetings, training, and other workforce obligations. For an up-to-date calendar of hours that is updated every Monday and as otherwise needed, please refer to our calendar.
The City of Charlottesville Downtown Job Center is a program of the City of Charlottesville’s Office of Economic Development. The Center is a certified satellite of the Virginia Workforce Center - Charlottesville located at 944 Glenwood Station Lane, Suite 103.
Please note that in order to receive services at the Downtown Job Center you will need to complete an intake form on the computer. This simple form is a way of signing in and providing staff with some needed information about you and the type of assistance you need. Due to the time needed to complete an intake form and for staff to assist you, please allow a minimum of 30 minutes for your visit. Because of this, no intakes will be started within 30 minutes of the close of business.