Gas Services & Information
For your convenience, Charlottesville Gas provides a complete range of services from gas line installation to gas line repair.
Note that Charlottesville Gas is only responsible for the gas line from the street to the meter. Any internal lines beyond the meter are the homeowner’s responsibility.
Sign up for a New Gas Line Today
Email the Gas Marketing Office or call 434-970-3812.
Report an Emergency
Call Gas Dispatch at 434-970-3800 or 434-293-9164 to report a gas emergency 24/7.
Call 434-970-3803 or email General Operations to:
- Follow up on gas installation schedule
- Relocate/remove existing gas service
- Move existing gas meter
Call 434-970-3812 or email Gas Marketing to:
- Check availability of gas service
- Apply for a gas service line - new construction
- Apply for a gas service line - existing home
- Learn more about rebate offers
Call Utility Billing at 434-970-3211 to:
- Open a new gas account
- Change the name on an account
- Discontinue existing service
- Begin service
- Light furnace pilot light
- Questions about your bill
|Each foot of line above 150 feet with qualifying appliance||Email the Gas Marketing Office for a quote.|
|Each foot of line installed for gas fireplace/generator only with no other qualifying appliance||Email the Gas Marketing Office for a quote.|
| "Farm tap" required to install service connection to the transmission line||Email the Gas Marketing Office for a quote.|
|First 150 feet of service line with qualifying appliance||No charge|
|Gas meter and connection to gas main||No charge|
|Service connection fee||$30|
|Upsized meter for use with power generator (residential/commercial)||Email the Gas Marketing Office for a quote|
Cost Comparison: Compare Your Home Heating Fuel to Natural Gas
- To compare oil and propane costs to natural gas, oil and propane must be converted into therms.
- To convert oil to therms - multiply the cost of oil per gallon by 0.72
- To convert propane to therms - multiply the cost of propane per gallon by 1.092
- The current cost of one therm of natural gas is $0.91 (based on a monthly bill for a typical residential 12,000CF user)
|Fuel Type ||Cost per Gallon ||Multiplied by 0.72/1.092 ||Compared to Natural Gas|
|Oil||$2.44||$1.76 per therm||$0.91 per therm|
|Propane||$2.24||$2.45 per therm||$0.91 per therm|