Water Conservation Kits
GET FREE WATER CONSERVATION MATERIALS & WATER FIXTURES
To assist water conservation efforts, the City of Charlottesville is offering free Water Conservation Kits to residents.
Free Indoor Water Conservation Kits include:
- City of Charlottesville Rebate brochure (includes information on our Toilet and Rain Barrel Rebate)
- A WaterSense labeled 1.5 gallon per minute (gpm) faucet aerator, perfect for the kitchen
- A package of 2 toilet leak detection dye tablets to help check if your toilet is running
- A roll of extra heavy duty Teflon tape to help install the showerhead
- A self cleaning, massaging showerhead that has earned the WaterSense label
- WaterSense labeled 0.5 faucet aerator, great for bathrooms
Getting a Kit
To your obtain your free kit, drop by the City’s Utility Billing Office, located on the first floor of City Hall. For more information, contact the Utility Billing office at 970-3211.
Need Help Installing your new Water Efficient Fixtures?
Head over to our Water Conservation Indoors Resource Page with instructional videos and guides on how to install and use these items!
NEW**Free Universal Toilet Flapper:
Do you think your toilet might be running or maybe you noticed a huge jump in your water bill?
The City now offers FREE universal toilet flappers for all City residents. Pick one up at the Utility Billing Office to stop that running toilet!
Go to our Water Conservation Indoors Resources Page for directions on how to install a toilet flapper.
If a new toilet flapper doesn’t fix your running toilet, consider replacing your toilet and don’t forget about our $100 WaterSense Toilet Rebate.
NEW**Free Practical Plumbing Handbooks:
Do you need help with a plumbing project or to fix a leak in your home? We have a great guidebook that talks about universal plumbing information including fixing leaks in your home. City residents can get this handbook for free! Please use our Contact Us Form to request your own handbook.
Do you live in the County?
Stop by the Albemarle County Service Authority to pick up your own water conservation kit.